Source Exploration Corp is a Canadian based exploration and development company exploring for gold, silver and copper in historical mining districts in Mexico. Source's Las Minas project is located in the state of Veracruz.
Las Minas Project
The Las Minas project is located approximately 270 kilometres east of Mexico City and is accessible by road. The project is comprised of six mineral concessions covering approximately 1,616 hectares in the heart of the Las Minas district in the State of Veracruz, Mexico. The district is host to one of the largest under explored gold – copper skarn systems known in Mexico, and has a strong production history that dates back to the Aztec era. Since 1870, the area has seen over 20 active mines. The district is highly prospective for both bulk tonnage gold - copper skarn deposits and high grade gold - silver epithermal vein deposits.
The Company has made several discoveries at the Las Minas project and outlined gold- silver and copper mineralization in a skarn zone with a strike length in excess of 700 metres. Highlights from drilling carried out in late 2011 include and reported in a Press release dated January 26, 2012 include:
• LM-11-LL-40 grading 14.94 grams per tonne gold (g/t Au), 4.02 g/t silver (Ag) and 0.52% copper (Cu) over 3.65 metres (m); including 27.05 g/t Au, 6.80 g/t Ag and 0.91 % Cu over 2.0 m
• LM-11- SC-44 grading 1.27 g/t Au, 4.23 g/t Ag, 0.38 % Cu over 24.0 m
• LM-11- SC-45 grading 15.89 g/t Au, 12.98 g/t Ag and 2.25 % Cu over 10.0 m; including 37.26 g/t Au, 25.4 g/t Ag and 4.05 % Cu over 4.0 m
• LM-11-SC-49 grading 1.08 g/t Au, 3.05 g/t Ag and 0.42 % Cu over 42.0 m
• LM-11-SC-50 grading 0.75 g/t Au, 3.31 g/t Ag and 0.40 % Cu over 90.6 m; including 2.06 g/t Au, 8.62 g/t Ag and 1.04 % Cu over 24.0 m